All of our programs are created to provide the best child care and individualized early learning experiences for your child regardless of their age, stage of development, or even the time of year!
Programs and Curriculum
ABC Early Learning Academy has spent decades researching, testing and analyzing methods that effectively establish the foundation for a lifelong love of learning in our children. Our research-based curriculum is predicated on NAEYC and State standards and incorporates core philosophies from renowned pioneers in the field of Early Childhood Education such as Child Psychologist Jean Piaget and Doctor-Educator-Anthropologist Maria Montessori.
Our staff is handpicked for reasons beyond their credentials; we seek out compassionate, gentle and tactful teachers that will purposefully and intentionally care for our children. We meet each child where they are developmentally and individualize their experience at ABC because we understand that education is not a one-size-fits-all experience. Children are encouraged to think and progress at their own pace while we actively explore their interests, identify strengths and build confidence in areas that need improvement with age appropriate challenges.
Our approach to Early Education is to care for children holistically. That means going beyond lesson plans and ABC’s to instill core values that’ll make them well rounded future leaders and contributors to society!
Our core beliefs are:
· Each child possesses a unique perspective, personality and position in life from birth
· Developmental milestones are mere guidelines; growth happens in ways that cannot be generalized, and each step of the way should be celebrated
· Children flourish best in their natural habitat – a healthy supportive environment that welcomes creative play, exploration, inquisitiveness and experimentation without bias or bounds
· It truly takes a village and a childcare center should function as a home-away-from home
· Each place a child visits creates a sensory experience that will shape how they viewthemselves and the world around them; children should always sense love, warmth andsecurity.
From your child’s first words, to their first little steps and the first time using the potty – we take pride in impacting their lives and being your trusted partner in Early Childhood Education.
Domains and Subjects
Involves language and literacy development by way of teaching alphabetic, phonetic and written skills. The “baby talk” that only close ones understand quickly turns into short phrases and eventually evolve into full blown conversations! It is important for children to understand the meaning behind words, the importance of open communication, develop a sense of following instructions and gain early reading skills. We work to help your child feel confident and free expressing their ideas, thoughts and feelings.
Example: Your child talks about their day, recounts story-time or expresses how they identify themselves and their preferences.
Young children spend the early years of their lives relying on us to assist them with navigating through this big world. Executive Function and Self-Regulation skills involve three types of brain function: working memory, mental flexibility and self-control. We help your child become adaptive, independent and self-aware. In doing so, young minds are sharpened to carry out fundamental mental processes such as planning, focusing, memorizing and multitasking.
Example: Following and establishing routines, modeling social behavior, filtering distractions, coping with stress, controlling impulses and desiring less adult supervision and assistance.
Fosters higher-level critical thinking to understand cause and effect, learn objectively and activate problem-solving skills. This helps children excel scholastically across the many learning subjects and life lessons to come.
Example: Sorting and organizing materials by size and color, expressing curiosity by asking “why, how and when?”, counting and numerating, identifying colors, knowing the difference between fact and fiction and actively engaging in lesson plans.
Social - Emotional
Countless studies have proven that a well socialized child that has received healthy and supportive emotional connections from an early age benefit from it for the rest of their lives. Learning is only one facet of what we strive to achieve through our programs at ABC. It is of utmost important that we go beyond curricula to support your child’s ability to express and regulate feelings, develop nurturing relationships and model positive behavior.
We teach manners, etiquette, safety, personal wellbeing, how to make healthy choices, self-care, values such as spending quality time, embracing happiness, showing respect, taking accountability, giving compassion, building friendships, valuing honesty, practicing forgiveness, displaying trustworthiness and above all, the importance of love.
Example: Showing affection, acknowledging someone as their friend, fair-play, displaying leadership, understanding a need for conflict resolution, expressing what they do and do not like and having emotional intelligence.
Involves using the arts, drama, movement and music to stimulate children’s minds and bodies through multimodal sensory exploration. We work to exercise your child’s “right-brain”, which heightens their emotional intelligence, imagination, ingenuity and cognitive abilities across all learning domains.
The arts allow children to create meaning from their everyday experiences and express what they think, understand and feel about the world around them. Through open-ended activities, children are encouraged to listen, observe, discuss, move, solve problems and explore their curiosity freely.
– Physical: The arts activate children’s small and large muscle development, enhance hand-eye coordination and helps them practice fine motor control so one day they can do activities like write.
– Social: The arts encourage group work and opens dialogue between peers.
– Emotional: The arts allow children to represent and recreate experiences that they may not be able to verbally articulate yet. By drawing a picture, singing a song, reenacting something they’ve seen or doing a dance – children can express their feelings and cope withemotions
– Communicative: Everything is not easily conveyed through spoken word, so weencourage our little ones to speak through materials and movement
– Cognitive: The arts teach cause and effect, expand their logical reasoning skills through creative critical thinking and helps them understand things symbolically.
Physical Development and Wellness
Involves activities that engage fine and gross motor skills. Each day, your child is given new physical challenges to help build muscles, strength, stamina and endurance through carefully supervised play. It is our goal to empower children with the knowledge and tools to make healthy lifestyle choices and trust their bodies when trying something new.
Example: Your toddler goes from wobbling to taking steady strides, enjoys playing catch, knows how to build a castle, colors inside the line and uses scissors/tools to complete projects.
Click a button below to learn more about each program.
© Copyright ABC Early Learning Academy Inc. 2018